Saturday 8 March 2014

Red Velvet Cookies

 I have always loved baking, so I am really glad I started sharing my baking bits with you all. When I saw this recipe online I was very excited and knew that I had to share this with you all. Red Velvet cookies I was excited and they were amazing!!!

You will need!
2.5 Cups of plain flour
2.5 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1.5 teaspoons  of corn powder
0.75 tea spoons of baking soda
0.5 tea spoons of salt
8 tablespoons butter
6 table spoons of vegetable shortening (I used margarine)
1.5 cups of granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1.5 teaspoons white vinegar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon red food colouring
1.5 cups of white chocolate chips

Step one - Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and in a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, corn powder, baking soda, salt and then set this all aside.

Step two - In another mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vegetable shortening (margarine). You will need to mix this all together until fluffy for about 3 mins. You will then slowly need to add the egg yolk and egg. Then you will need to add the vinegar, Vanilla and food colouring.

Step three - add in all the ingredients that have been sat aside in the other bowl slowly. You will probably want to use a electric whisk to do all this. Then add 0.5 cups of the white chocolate chips. Even though I didn't do this I added the whole lot in then read the recipe properly, woops. 

Step four - when all combined you will need to make sure that you have lines a baking tray with some greasy proof paper to ensure that your cookies don't stick to the tray. Then use a table spoon and put table spoon sized balls onto the baking tray. I would leave a 2 inch gap between each cookie to ensure that they don't merge together.

Step five - place cookie dough into the oven for approximately 9 minutes, some of mine only needed 8 minutes but it depends. After you have taken them out let them rest on the tray for 2 minutes before you move them onto the wire cooling rack.

Step six - allow to cool then ENJOY!!!

I loved making these if you need any more help just comment below, just remember that I'm not a baker so I probably don't know a lot. 
Thanks for reading 
Lot's of love 

3 comments:

  1. these look so good! I love red velvet cake so definitely going to make these X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete