Tuesday, 22 September 2015

My American Adventure

So as of Monday the 5th October I will saying good bye to my family and friends within the UK and heading to the USA for a year. I thought I would write this post to give you all a little bit of information about my trip, what I am going to be doing, where I will be living and why I chose to do this.

I am going to the USA to be an au pair with a lovely family in the state of New Jersey. I have matched with a family and after a week of orientation in New York City I will joining the family to start my year.

I will be caring for three children, two six year old twin girls and an eight year old boy. Obviously this is very exciting for me and I can't wait to share my experience with you all, but also share the many other adventures I will be able to have throughout the year. 

Some of you may already know that for the past few years I have been working in a nursery, which I have loved. The only problem with that is I haven't been able to manage my time very well and write very much on my blog. I am hoping with the new routine and the spare time I will have, it will enable me to upload better content and content that I am excited about sharing. 

I started thinking about this in January time, I looked for agencies that helped you on your way and that helped you with the whole process. Thats when I found GAP360. Gap360 are a agency full of exciting opportunities they have everything from working abroad, teaching, or just general traveling. I found their website very informative and It actually helped me make my final decision about every thing.
As of Monday the 5th October I will heading to the airport to embark on my travels I am very excited (although at the moment it doesn't feel real, I don't feel like I'm going anywhere)
I am very excited to bring you on my journey and write about as much as possible. If you would like to know anything just comment below and I might even write a more informative post about the whole experience, the things you have to do, finding a family, getting your visa and much much more. 

I can't wait to share my year with you all.
I will still be doing some baking, beauty and lifestyle posts, they will just be from a new location.


Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment